Overview of Consumer Rights Under CCPA/CPRA
The CCPA/CPRA provides you with the following rights:
- Right to know. You have the right to know what categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect about you, the sources of how we collect personal information, our business purpose for the collection and use of your information, and any categories of third parties to whom we disclose the information.
- Right to delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we collect about you.
- Right to correct. You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information about you that we maintain.
- Right to opt-out. If we sell or share any of your personal information, you have the right, at any time, to tell us to stop. (Note: We do not sell or share your personal information).
- Right to limit use and disclosure. If we collect sensitive personal information, you have the right, at any time, to limit use and disclosure of the information.
- Right to nondiscrimination. If you exercise any of your CCPA/CPRA rights, we will not discriminate against you.
The CCPA/CPRA allows you to request your information, at no cost, up to twice during a twelve (12) month period. We will provide our response in a readily usable format, which is usually electronic. If you have any questions, please contact us.
Ways to Contact Us. If you would like to exercise your CCPA/CPRA rights (right to know, right to deletion, right to correct, right to opt out, right to limit use and disclosure, or right to nondiscrimination), please contact us through any of the following:
- Calling us toll-free at (760) 704-6279, or
- Emailing us at CPRAinfo@diabloglen.com, or
- Visiting our website at www.diabloglen.com for more information
Verification of Your Identity. To protect your privacy, we will ask you to verify your identity. We will ask you to confirm your name, email address, phone number and other information so we can reasonably confirm your identity. We will not share any information until we can reasonably confirm your identity.
Response Time. We will try to respond to your request within forty five (45) days. The CCPA/CPRA allows an additional forty five (45) days to respond when reasonably necessary. We will still contact you within forty five (45) days to let you know if we need more time to respond.
We provide more detailed information below about your specific rights under the CCPA/CPRA:
Right to Know about Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, Sold, or Shared
Your Right to Know. You have the right to know what personal information about you we collect, use, disclose, and/or sell or share.
- Response Contents. Our response will contain the following information from the previous twelve (12) months:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected.
- Categories of the sources of the personal information collected.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information.
- Whether or not we sold or shared any of your personal information. If so, our response will tell you what information was sold or shared, who we sold or shared the information to, and why we sold or shared the information. (Note: We do not sell or share your personal information).
- Whether or not we disclosed any of your personal information for a business purpose (e.g. to a contracted outside company for accounting services). If so, our response will tell you what categories of information we disclosed, the categories of persons who we disclosed the information to, and why we disclosed the information.
Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
- Your Right to Delete. You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information that we have collected and shared with our service providers.
- Information We May Keep. The CCPA/CPRA allows us to keep personal information that we need to provide you with goods and services, detect security risks, fix any errors, exercise free speech, use your information lawfully for our internal purposes, and to comply with the law.
Right to Request Correction of Inaccurate Personal Information
- Your Right to Correct. You have the right to request us to correct any inaccurate personal information.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
- Your Right to Opt-Out. If we sell or share any of your personal information, you have the right, at any time, to tell us to stop.
- We Do Not Sell or Share Your Personal Information.
Right to Limit Use or Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information
- Your Right to Limit Use and Disclosure. If we collect sensitive personal information, you have the right, at any time, to limit use and disclosure of the information.
- Information We May Continue to Use. The CCPA/CPRA allows us to keep and use sensitive personal information necessary to perform the services reasonably expected by the average consumer and to comply with applicable laws and regulations. We do not collect or process sensitive personal information with the purpose of inferring characteristic of consumers.
Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising Your CCPA/CPRA Rights
- Our Non-Discrimination Policy. If you choose to exercise any of your CCPA/CPRA rights, we will not discriminate against you.
Retention of Personal Information, Including Sensitive Personal Information
- Retention of Information. Personal information, including any sensitive personal information collected, is retained for the amount of time required to comply with applicable laws and regulations governing retention of the information and in order to continue to perform services reasonably expected by the average consumer.
Exemption for Medical information and Protected Health Information
Financial Incentives for Your Personal Information
Asking Others to Exercise Your CCPA/CPRA Rights
- Authorized Agent. The CCPA/CPRA allows you to ask someone else to exercise your CCPA/CPRA rights for you. The CCPA/CPRA calls this person your “Authorized Agent.” Before we will share anything with your Authorized Agent, you will need to provide your written permission. Please contact us if you would like us to know who your Authorized Agent is.
- Verifying the Identity of Your Authorized Agent. Once we have your written permission, we will also ask your authorized agent to verify their identity with us directly.
- Protecting Your Privacy. We will not share any of your information unless we have both your written permission and have verified this identity of your Authorized Agent.
Last Updated: January 2023